>Post Game: Ryerson
– Personally, I thought our defense, in the first two periods was…well, not the best. To me, Michael Findorff showed tonight, why he hasn’t played many games throughout his Miami career; same goes for Brandon Smith. Kevin Roeder is as solid of a stay at home defenseman as you’ll find.
– Turnovers and penalties…far too many of both.
– Thought Reichard was solid…thought Knapp was sensational; Conner made some great saves, 2 of which were sure fire Ram goals.
– Ryerson played extremely tough tonight. Too close for an exhibition.
– Will Weber…love his size and blueline presence. However, I wasn’t impressed with his play tonight…does have a good shot though.
– Alex Lacombe is sporting the Ryan Jones look…his hair is getting long…and while we’re on the Jonesy topic…things felt a bit weird at the rink without him tonight. Zatkoff too. Maybe it’s just me…
– Jarod Palmer continues to impress me. As do his line mates Justin Mercier and Carter Camper. Mercier is full go all the time…love the passion.
– PLEASE! No more “Scott-Shriver-less” hockey games. I know he was doing football tonight, but the PA announcing just isn’t the same.
Posted on October 5, 2008, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
>the “USA” chant is one of the dumbest things ever done in the Goggin, second only to the inane flailing of arms during “Jump Around”. Wish this game wasn’t as close, I liked the double digit wins over exhibition competition in recent years, but with a lot of freshmen playing and a hard physical game we had to slow down our pace. go sweep OhSU!