>What a Night…
>Just a few notes here before I head off to bed:
– What a game…four power play goals. I thought our execution on the powerplay was UNREAL. We made great tape to tape passes…kept the puck in the OSU zone and took good shots. I noticed that we were able to get our sticks on a lot of rebounds on shots taken from the point. If our PP and offense can play like this every game…look out.
– Speaking of the powerplay, how about Chris Wideman? He has impressed me so much during this early season. His quarterbacking of the powerplay is excellent. He makes good reads…can find open shooters…etc. I absolutely love him being paired with Kevin Roeder on the regular defensive lines…
– Can’t go without mentioning Pat Cannone…one goal and FIVE assists on Saturday night. Unbelievable. Justin Vaive also had a goal, AND…Gary Steffes chipped in with a hat trick! It’s great to see, at least so far, that we have scoring depth, in addition to Mercier, Palmer, Camper, etc.
– No one has won a job yet, but Connor Knapp didn’t hurt his chances tonight. What a solid player. Although two of OSU’s three goals probably should have been denied, he made some wonderful saves, all in all. He is very good with the glove. I’d love to see more out of him.
– I’m going to bed happy tonight. If there is one team I hate not beating, it’s Ohio State. As you can tell…Miami played smart hockey tonight. Nice to see Cady Arena PACKED too! We have a tough week ahead as the RedHawks travel to Burlington for a weekend series against U of Vermont next weekend. Let’s keep up the good work!