>In the ECHL…
– Reading forward Joe Cooper scored his first goal of the season as the Royals defeated Trenton on Saturday night, 4-2.
– Ernie Hartlieb scored the lone goal for the Florida Everblades in a 3-1 loss to Charlotte on Saturday night. He also chipped in a goal on Friday night as well.
– Mitch Ganzak is a +4 for Wheeling after two back-to-back wins. Friday, the Nailers defeated Cincinnati and on Saturday, Wheeling earned it’s second win in as many nights over Johnstown.
– Jeff Zatkoff made 29 saves and allowed only one goal for his first professional win as the Ontario Reign defeated Bakersfield, 2-1 on Saturday night.
In the AHL…
– Mike Glumac added two goals on Saturday night for the Gamilton Bulldogs in a 6-3 Hamilton win over the Norfolk Admirals. Glumac now has 3 goals on the season.
– Alec Martinez (Manchester) has yet to score a point in this early 2008-2009 season, but Nathan Davis notched his first professional goal on Friday night.
In the NHL…
– Ryan Jones added an assist to his professional point totals on Saturday in a 6-3 Nashville win over Columbus.
– The St. Petersburg Times has an article on Dan Boyle’s return to Tampa Bay (albeit with the San Jose Sharks). Check that out here.
– Andy Greene recorded his first goal of the season on Friday night in a 4-3 Shootout win over Washington.