>How Sweep It Is
>Just a few notes from this weekend’s first ever sweep of the Michigan Wolverines in Ann Arbor:
– The Miami sweep is Michigan’s first at Yost Ice Arena since October 26 and 27, 2001 when the Northern Michigan Wildcats swept the Maize & Blue 1-0 (OT) and 5-3.
– I’d like to take credit for Pat Cannone’s first goal, thank you. Okay, just kidding. But in my recap of Friday night’s game, I questioned where Cannone had been all season long. He got the Miami scoring started on Saturday night and added an assist on Reilly Smith’s first goal.
– The RedHawks are 8-1-1 through the first ten games and own sole posession of first place in the CCHA with 15 points. With series’ upcoming against Ferris State in Oxford and Western Michigan in Kalamazoo still to come (and not to be overlooked), the matchup with North Dakota in Grand Forks over the American Thanksgiving holiday is building up to…be…huge. The Fighting Sioux host St. Cloud State next weekend and hit the road to battle Denver in Magness Arena the following week. A lot could happen between now and then, but it’s certainly something to keep an eye on.
– Andy Miele and Jarod Palmer are tied for the team lead in points, both with 11. Curtis McKenzie leads all freshman with 8 points; Chris Wideman leads the blueliners with 5.
– Cody Reichard was OUTSTANDING this weekend. The sophomore netminder stopped 47 of 49 shots and now has a 7-0-1 record and a 1.58 GAA. Folks, here’s your number one goaltender. He also leads the CCHA in winning percentage, at .938%.
– Be sure to check out great game recaps from either RedHawkey or Jackets Required. Both sites do a great job of covering the RedHawks, so please, check it out!
Posted on November 8, 2009, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
>Great blog glad I found it. Great start by the boys, and so nice to sweep the Wolverines in their house. I know in recent years CBS and ESPNU has carried more college hockey, but the fact that the series vs Michigan not being on outside of Ohio and Michigan is a joke. I have direct tv in Chicago, and couldn't get it nor watch it on line. I had to go to the Michigan website to see highlights. Even when the games are online from ONN you can barely make out the ice, not sure what is going on at ONN. Either way love this team, and hopefully someone is looking into these issues, but would love to hear any thoughts you have?*Nice to see BU at 2 and 4..Ha!
>Thanks for the shout out to Jackets Required!Nice work covering the weekend. One thing I'd like to know is what's up with Tomassoni (and Steffes)? Spoke with some folks who implied it might not be illness.