>– NHL.com has a nice feature on Sharks’ defenseman Dan Boyle, who is off to a fantastic start this season. The article mentions this tidbit, which I found interesting:
Boyle actually wears jersey No. 22 in honor of his favorite Flyer — Rick Tocchet, now the Tampa Bay Lightning coach. The Lightning were Boyle’s former team.
Check it out by clicking here.
– Ryan Jones scored yet another goal on Wednesday night, as the Milwaukee Admirals defeated Quad City, 5-3. Jonesy now has 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games with the Ads. Can a brotha’ get a call up?
– After a weekend sweep of lowly Western Michigan, the RedHawks have moved up one spot, to number three, in the latest USCHO.com Division I Poll. Miami trails Notre Dame and Minnesota at 1 and 2, respectively.
– Former RedHawk captain Andy Greene participated in the New Jersey Devils optional morning skate today and should be close to returning to the lineup after breaking his right hand on October 29. Greene says that he isn’t sure exactly when he’ll be back in the Devils’ lineup, but says he does expect to practice tomorrow.
UPDATE: Devils Coach Brent Sutter said before Wednesday’s game that Andy will not play until at least next week. Source.
– The United Way of Oxford is partnering with the Miami hockey program to help those less fortunate this holiday season, by offering two “hockey themed” packages, to raise money charity organization. Here’s a link to each of the packages, listed on eBay:
Package One (Click Here): Fans can bid to be the “Guest Coach” for the RedHawks and join Coach Blasi on the bench as Miami hosts Bowling Green Falcons on January 30. Bidding ends on December 14 at 5:30pm.
Package Two (Click Here): Up for grabs here, are four tickets to the Miami/Northern Michigan game on February 20. However, these aren’t just any tickets. The lucky winner of this auction will get to enjoy this CCHA match up from Coach Blasi’s box suite at Cady Arena. This auction also ends at 5:30pm on December 14.
Be sure and have the checkbook ready if you plan to bid. Both packages are already quite pricey, but it’s for a great cause. For more information on the United Way of Oxford, check out UWOxford.org.
– Ryan Jones scored yet another goal Wednesday night, as the Milwaukee Admirals defeated Quad City, 5-3. Jonesy now has 6 goals and 3 assists in 8 games with the Ads. Can a brotha’ get a call up?
– And finally, the RedHawks take on the RPI Engineers this weekend. Once again, it’s a Saturday/Sunday series. Saturday’s game will be broadcast live on ONN with Dave Allen (play-by-play) and Kevin Ackley (color commentary).
Here are the game notes, courtesy of the RPI Athletic Department. (For those wondering, RPI’s record is 3-11-1. They’ve only beaten Harvard, Brown, and Robert Morris.)