Highlights and your Weekend #SixPacks
For those of you who don’t follow us on Twitter (GASP!!!), here are your Saturday and Sunday #SixPacks from @redskinwarriors. No, they aren’t this kind of #SixPacks, or even this kind. But check out our twitter feed for some highlights and low lights from the night’s games across college hockey.
- Shots on the night were 41-13 #miamiu. NMU had 2 goals on 4 shots in the 1st period and only 8 shots in the first 2 periods. #
- The Connor Knapp “riddle” was solved last night in the 1st period. 2 goals on 13 shots. 1st game in 6 Knapp allowed > 1 goal. 1st loss since 12/2/11 vs NMU.
- The #RedHawks only have 3 goals in 3 games vs NMU. Miami has outshot NMU in all three L’s this year. Least shots allowed by #MiamiU since 12/30/10 (11 vs SCSU)
- After losing the weekend openers this year, Miami is 0-3 in game 2 vs. the same team (Ferris, Lake St, NMU). #digdeep #youcandoit
- Even with the loss, Miami sits tied for 4th in the #CCHA and with wins tonight, LSSU and Miami could jump to t-1 if WMU/OSU both lose. 6 teams w/in 4 points of #1 #crazyconference
- Ohio State STILL hasn’t won in 2012, and with WMich’s 4-1 win @ BGSU, WMU is now #1 in the #CCHA WMU 36, OSU 35, FSU 34, MU/LSSU 33, Mich 32
Here are your highlights from Friday night as well:
- Miami outshot NMU 81-29 on the weekend. Reilly Smith scored his 100th point. A Wideman scored for first time since 10/7/11. #insidetheboxscore
- Cody Reichard ties David Burleigh for career shutouts at #MiamiU. Burleigh played 134 games. Reichard has only played in 88. #brickwall
- Lake Superior State has won all 4 shootouts they have been in. Kevin Kapalka has been in net for all 4. LSSU just 2 points out of first. #CCHA
- Notre Dame and Alaska split their series. At puck drop on Saturday night, it was a balmy -44 degrees in Fairbanks. -52 after the game. #brrr #ohioweatherisntthatbad
- Ohio State 0-4-4 in 2012. Couldn’t hold 2-1 or 4-3 leads. Ferris sweeps Mich St, 6-0-2 in 2012. Standings: Ferris 37, MIA/WMU/OSU 36, LSt 35, ND 33, Mich 32
- Pairwise update: Miami sits tied for 8th after the weekend. #MiamiU has the most wins (14) vs Teams Under Consideration. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/ #NCAAHockey
(The above in reference to the 10-minute delay due to a lighting malfunction in the Arena. We send out a special thanks to Miami’s Director of Hockey Operations Josh Fenton and the Goggin Ice Arena Staff for their hard work!)
Highlights from the night are still being updated. Check back soon to either Steve Baker’s or the CCHA’s YouTube channels.
Posted on January 29, 2012, in Six Pack and tagged college hockey analysis, Miami RedHawks, Six Pack. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment