For those of you who don’t follow us on Twitter (GASP!!!), here are your Saturday and Sunday #SixPacks from @redskinwarriors. No, they aren’t this kind of #SixPacks, or even this kind. But check out our twitter feed for some highlights and low lights from the night’s games across college hockey.
- Shots on the night were 41-13 #miamiu. NMU had 2 goals on 4 shots in the 1st period and only 8 shots in the first 2 periods. #
- The Connor Knapp “riddle” was solved last night in the 1st period. 2 goals on 13 shots. 1st game in 6 Knapp allowed > 1 goal. 1st loss since 12/2/11 vs NMU.
- The #RedHawks only have 3 goals in 3 games vs NMU. Miami has outshot NMU in all three L’s this year. Least shots allowed by #MiamiU since 12/30/10 (11 vs SCSU)
- After losing the weekend openers this year, Miami is 0-3 in game 2 vs. the same team (Ferris, Lake St, NMU). #digdeep #youcandoit
- Even with the loss, Miami sits tied for 4th in the #CCHA and with wins tonight, LSSU and Miami could jump to t-1 if WMU/OSU both lose. 6 teams w/in 4 points of #1 #crazyconference
- Ohio State STILL hasn’t won in 2012, and with WMich’s 4-1 win @ BGSU, WMU is now #1 in the #CCHA WMU 36, OSU 35, FSU 34, MU/LSSU 33, Mich 32
Here are your highlights from Friday night as well:
- Miami outshot NMU 81-29 on the weekend. Reilly Smith scored his 100th point. A Wideman scored for first time since 10/7/11. #insidetheboxscore
- Cody Reichard ties David Burleigh for career shutouts at #MiamiU. Burleigh played 134 games. Reichard has only played in 88. #brickwall
- Lake Superior State has won all 4 shootouts they have been in. Kevin Kapalka has been in net for all 4. LSSU just 2 points out of first. #CCHA
- Notre Dame and Alaska split their series. At puck drop on Saturday night, it was a balmy -44 degrees in Fairbanks. -52 after the game. #brrr #ohioweatherisntthatbad
- Ohio State 0-4-4 in 2012. Couldn’t hold 2-1 or 4-3 leads. Ferris sweeps Mich St, 6-0-2 in 2012. Standings: Ferris 37, MIA/WMU/OSU 36, LSt 35, ND 33, Mich 32
- Pairwise update: Miami sits tied for 8th after the weekend. #MiamiU has the most wins (14) vs Teams Under Consideration. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/ #NCAAHockey
(The above in reference to the 10-minute delay due to a lighting malfunction in the Arena. We send out a special thanks to Miami’s Director of Hockey Operations Josh Fenton and the Goggin Ice Arena Staff for their hard work!)